Re: Vacuuming static tables.

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vacuuming static tables.
Date: 2006-05-10 22:09:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

On May 10, 2006 11:24 am, "Daniel T. Staal" <DStaal(at)usa(dot)net> wrote:

> I have the query written to file to create these, so they are all off
> exactly the same query.
>
> Daniel T. Staal

Well, I don't see what the problem is, but as you said, it's executing
exactly the same plan, so I think it has to to be a disk access issue;
either a caching effect or something else is hammering the disk during the
slow query.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will have some insight.

--
"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by
the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and