Re: French PDF manual

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Guillaume LELARGE <guillaume(dot)lelarge(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: French PDF manual
Date: 2006-05-09 19:34:53
Lists: pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Should we modify the doc build process to generate XML and convert
> that to PDF, or allow it as an option, because PDF generation has
> always been a problem from SGML (very slow)?

If the FOP-based build works better than Jade, by all means let's use
that.  Last time I looked at FOP (years ago, admittedly), it broke at
about page 10.  Obviously, Guillaume and company are getting better
results now.

What I would like to know, however, is whether FOP runs on a Free(tm)
Java implementation.  It seems that you need Sun's JDK to run it and
that will be a problem if it's to become our primary build method.

--
Peter Eisentraut

pgsql-docs by date