Paste rows rough patch

From: "Edward Di Geronimo Jr(dot)" <edigeronimo(at)xtracards(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Paste rows rough patch
Date: 2006-05-02 05:26:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Attached is a rough patch to allow pasting of rows into the edit grid.
It's not intended to be a final solution, but rather enough to start
some discussion.

This patch is rather simple - it always deliminates columns by tabs,
and stops if it hits a new line. It pastes data starting at the first
column of the row the cursor is on. Right now it doesn't pay any
attention to the column details, so it will gladly insert data into
serial columns or whatever.

I figure the proper solution should probably be to obey the copy
settings for deliminating columns.

As to things like serial & oid columns, how does everyone feel about
that? Maybe we could add an option to paste values in, skip the
columns, or prompt?

Any other thoughts on how this should work?

Ed

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: svnDate: 2006-05-02 07:19:22