How to allocate a global variable (to implement virutal databases)

From: Juan Manuel Diaz Lara <jmdiazlr(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to allocate a global variable (to implement virutal databases)
Date: 2006-04-29 18:24:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I would like to implement a row-level security for application-level-user (the user is not a postgresql user), I wish to restrict access to rows in diferent tables based on this application-level-user. My idea is to use rules to rewrite queries based on the contents of a global variable that is set with the application-level-userid, to this end I like to set the variabale at connection-time only, and aplied to all queris by the rewrite rules.

  I think I can write a c-function but I do not know the correct way to allocate memory with session duration, maybe simply with alloc (o should I use palloc?).

  Or is there a solution I do not know about?

  Thanks.

Atte.

Juan Manuel Díaz Lara

Previous:From: Mark DilgerDate: 2006-04-29 17:05:51
Subject: Re: Logging pg_autovacuum