Re: Mailing list setup issue

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Chris Velevitch <chris(dot)velevitch(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2006-04-27 08:13:12
Lists: pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 05:34:11PM +1000, Chris Velevitch wrote:
> In addition, it's not the norm. I subscribe to lots of mailing lists
> and postgresql.org lists are the only ones that I've seem do that.
>
> So what's the reasoning behind this choice?

All sorts of reasons. One of the main ones being that list servers are
sometimes slow and this delay can harm useful discussions. This way a
group can have a useful discussion with quick replies and the list
server will catchup sometime later.

Fortunatly we have a mailing list manager that allows you to choose
which way you want it.

Have a nice day,