BUG #2411: psql will not run, exits can't find libssl.o.4

From: "Nick Gould" <gouldnen(at)paulbunyan(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2411: psql will not run, exits can't find libssl.o.4
Date: 2006-04-25 02:19:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2411
Logged by: Nick Gould
Email address: gouldnen(at)paulbunyan(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.1-1
Operating system: Linux SuSe-10
Details:

This may not be supported, I don't know but I thought
I'd report it and you can call me if I'm an idot if you like, any way here
it goes. I downloaded your version 8.1.1-8
built under the Redhat 9, and tried to load it on SuSe
10. When I did this I found that SuSe calls its libssl.o.4 and
libcrypto.o.4 different names. Both of
these libs come from Openssl install. Do I have to
build postgres manually on my machine or is there a
version somewhere out in web land that I can get to run
pre-compliled for SuSe 10, that I don't have to sell the family and Kids to
try out?

Best Regards,

Nick