Re: Oracle Analytic Functions for PostreSQL

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Jean-Christophe Roux <jcxxr(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle Analytic Functions for PostreSQL
Date: 2006-04-21 21:13:36
Lists: pgsql-novice
I'll try to do my best to answer you questions.  But you might get a better response on the
general mailing list.

> It seems that PostgreSQL does not  offer the
> equivalent (maybe because they do not belong to standard SQL?).

From what I understand, PostgreSQL strongly support Standard SQL.

This a quote taken from

PostgreSQL prides itself in standards compliance. Its SQL implementation strongly conforms to the
ANSI-SQL 92/99 standards. It has full support for subqueries (including subselects in the FROM
clause), read-committed and serializable transaction isolation levels. And while PostgreSQL has a
fully relational system catalog which itself supports multiple schemas per database, its catalog
is also accessible through the Information Schema as defined in the SQL standard.

> If I am
> wrong thanks for letting me know where in the docs I can find  details.
> Otherwise, are you aware of an open-source project (maybe a  corporation)
> offering a set of equivalent functions ?

I understand that enterpriseDB is a PostgreSQL RDBMS that closly supports Oracle code.  Perhaps it
might have what you are looking for if the standard version of PostgreSQL does not.

Richard Broersma Jr.