Re: Visual C++ 2005

From: "Edward Di Geronimo Jr(dot)" <edigeronimo(at)xtracards(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Visual C++ 2005
Date: 2006-04-21 15:31:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Quoting Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>:

> Now that Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition is free from Microsoft, is
> there any reason not to upgrade the VC project files to the latest
> version and drop VC++6 support?

I haven't looked into anything newer than VC++, so I don't know much
about it. What do we gain by upgrading the project files? I'm assuming
the newer versions can open the older project files. Also, can Visual
Studio 6 and the 2005 Express Editions go exist on a computer?

I'm not opposed to an upgrade, I'm just trying to find out what's involved.

Ed