Re: Renaming unnamed FK constraints

From: Vincent Frison <turman(at)ohmforce(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Renaming unnamed FK constraints
Date: 2006-04-17 18:12:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

Le Lundi 2006 Avril 17 19:26, Tom Lane a écrit :
> Vincent Frison <turman(at)ohmforce(dot)com> writes:
> > Le Lundi 2006 Avril 17 18:12, Tom Lane a écrit :
> >> You could try contrib/adddepend instead of
> >> doing this by hand.
> >
> > What do you mean by contrib/adddepend?
>
> There's a Perl script in contrib that will help with this, as well as
> with some other things that are good to do when updating from pre-7.3
> to 7.3. Apparently you didn't see the 7.3 release note suggesting you
> run it?

Unfortunately I didn't see it, maybe I'm trusting too much Debian scripts (yes
it's just slacking).

> It's possible that this script is not in the Debian postgresql-contrib
> package,

This script is not in postgresql-contrib package (it's strange because Debian
upgrade script couldn't do a smooth upgrade without it).

> but if nothing else you could get it from our CVS server:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/adddepend/

Yeah it works perfectly!

> > BTW a lot of people should have the same problem (i.e. tables creation
> > with unamed constraints on PG < 7.3) shouldn't they?
>
> Most people fixed this some time ago ...

Most people are better admin than I am! (I'm just a developer ;p)

Thanks a lot for your support Tom!

Regards,

Vincent.