Re: binary cursor returning truncated data

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Eric Mauvière <e(dot)mauviere(at)geoclip(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: binary cursor returning truncated data
Date: 2006-04-16 16:39:32
Lists: pgsql-php
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 04:21:49PM +0200, Eric Mauvire wrote:
> i am trying to retrieve binary content of a bytea field (or postgis
> geometry field) with a binary cursor with PHP :
> $sql="BEGIN;DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT shape FROM $layerName; fetch all in mycursor;"
> ....pg_query...
> But my shape field shows only two bytes of data.

The PHP source code (ext/pgsql/pgsql.c) doesn't have any calls to
PQfformat or PQbinaryTuples so PHP appears to expect text data.
Looks like you'll have to fetch data in text format and use

Maybe the PHP developers would consider adding support for binary
data (or maybe they already have and rejected the idea; I don't
know).  Try asking on a PHP mailing list.

Michael Fuhr