Re: Steps to open or import a data file from Pg 8.1.3?

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: James(dot)M(dot)Jocius(at)skf(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Steps to open or import a data file from Pg 8.1.3?
Date: 2006-04-13 21:21:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

--- James(dot)M(dot)Jocius(at)skf(dot)com wrote:

> We have just installed Postgresql 8.1.3 on a Windoze
> PC, but cannot get it
> to open a datafile, "aeroq-data.sql", that was
> created in Postgresql
> 7.x.x.
> We have never used Postgresql. What steps should we
> be doing?
>
> TIA for any guidance.

are you using pgadmin3? as a newbie, that's where'd i
go - and i do go - first. it should be included with
your install. if not, google for it, download it and
install it.

right click on your db name, click restore, select
aeroq-data.sql, click "only data" if you only want the
data, and then click ok.

i think that's it. if it doesn't go well, come back
with the error message.

you may have to use the command line or edit the file
to get it to work, but this is worth a try first.