Re: Colors/bold chars in a select?

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: nasr(dot)laili(at)tin(dot)it, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Colors/bold chars in a select?
Date: 2006-04-13 20:49:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Hi all!
> This is just a peregrine thought:
> is it at all possible to print (on screen) in bold
> chars/or colour the
> lines of a select result that satisfy a certain
> condition?
> Regards,
> Ennio

it seems to me that the method woul dbe specific to
whatever system you are using to display the data.

eg, if the display is html, then you could include
html (or some conversion that could be converted back
to avoid scripting attacks) where applicable.

you may also be able to display the text and apply
regexes in order to identify the characters and then
make them bold without the html in the db.

perhaps a stored procedure could help with this, but i
lack experience in that area as of now.

this seems like more of an application problem than a
db problem, though.