Re: Any Oracle HSODBC and PostgreSQL experience out there?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Reece Hart <reece(at)harts(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Any Oracle HSODBC and PostgreSQL experience out there?
Date: 2006-04-13 23:03:53
Lists: sfpug
Reece,

> We're trying to make a postgresql db available within oracle using
> hsodbc and dblinks.  We're using oracle 9.2.0.5 on AIX, connecting to
> postgresql 8.1.3 on x86_64-linux, using unixODBC and pgodbc (several
> versions tried).
>
> Has anyone out there made HSODBC work with PostgreSQL?  If so, I'd
> appreciate a config summary and we'll keep trying.

I think this is a problem with HSODBC and just about any gateway.  You'd
have the same issues with MS Access or MS DTS.

You could hack this by extending DBI-Link, although the syntax will be
awkward ... currently RULES give us no way to grab the WHERE clause from
an incoming query.  So you'd need to do something like:

SELECT * FROM select_oracle_table(ARRAY['col = value','col < value'])

or similar.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus