Re: Scheduled Job at PostgreSQL

From: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Scheduled Job at PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-04-07 05:07:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

am 06.04.2006, um 21:53:54 -0700 mailte shakil tanvir folgendes:
> I would like to know if similar thing can be done in PostgreqSQL, that
> is whether pgsql can have scheduled database job and if there any
> stored procedure which will send email automatically. If there is no

No.

> such facility then any idea, suggestion of how to implement it will
> help a lot!

You can use the CRON for such jobs. And you can write a sql-script with
contains your SQL-Code, executed this with psql -f <your_script> and send
email from within this shell-script.

HTH, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz: 035242/47215, D1: 0160/7141639