Scheduled Job at PostgreSQL

From: shakil tanvir <tanvirshakil(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Scheduled Job at PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-04-07 04:53:54
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all,

My present project requirement is to make an automatic interactivity which will check the database at pgsql on a scheduled time and email the result to an admin.

Similar functionality can be achieved in MS SQL Server as they have a stored proceure named SP_SEND_CDOSYSMAIL for sending email and SQL Server can have scheduled database job which will  run the query on scheduled time.

I would like to know if similar thing can be done in PostgreqSQL, that is whether pgsql can have scheduled database job and if there any stored procedure which will send email automatically. If there is no such facility  then any idea, suggestion of how to implement it will help a lot!

Shakil

Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: A. KretschmerDate: 2006-04-07 05:07:54