Re: postgresql module of freeradius on Debian

From: lmyho <lm_yho(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql module of freeradius on Debian
Date: 2006-04-06 20:33:13
Lists: pgsql-ports

--- Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> lmyho <lm_yho(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> > we did it. But this problem: we got so many...so many warnings during the
> process
> > of building the debian packages, tons of the warnings!
>
> You can probably ignore all the "differ in signedness" warnings, those
> are just the compiler being anal about "char" vs "unsigned char".

Thank you so much Tom! So we can safely ignore all of this kind of "differ"
warnings! Thank you!

Can we also safely ignore the followings (just types, there are so...o many!):

Such as:
cc1: warning: command line option "-fno-rtti" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C

And:
sql_postgresql.c: In function ‘sql_init_socket’:
sql_postgresql.c:151: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target
type
sql_postgresql.c:153: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target
type
sql_postgresql.c:157: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target
type
sql_postgresql.c:159: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target
type
sql_postgresql.c: In function ‘sql_store_result’:
sql_postgresql.c:271: warning: unused parameter ‘config’
sql_postgresql.c: In function ‘sql_destroy_socket’:
sql_postgresql.c:287: warning: unused parameter ‘config’
sql_postgresql.c: In function ‘sql_num_fields’:
sql_postgresql.c:302: warning: unused parameter ‘config’
sql_postgresql.c: In function ‘sql_fetch_row’:
sql_postgresql.c:324: warning: unused parameter ‘config’
sql_postgresql.c: In function ‘sql_free_result’:
sql_postgresql.c:367: warning: unused parameter ‘config’
sql_postgresql.c: In function ‘sql_error’:
sql_postgresql.c:395: warning: unused parameter ‘config’
sql_postgresql.c: In function ‘sql_close’:
sql_postgresql.c:411: warning: unused parameter ‘config’
sql_postgresql.c: In function ‘sql_affected_rows’:
sql_postgresql.c:458: warning: unused parameter ‘config’
sql_postgresql.c: In function ‘not_implemented’:
sql_postgresql.c:466: warning: unused parameter ‘sqlsocket’
sql_postgresql.c:466: warning: unused parameter ‘config’

Do these matter?

And:
print.c: In function 'vp_prints_value':
print.c:198: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type

radrelay.c: In function 'main':
radrelay.c:871: warning: passing argument 1 of 'free' discards qualifiers from
pointer target type

And what does these mean?:
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/lib/freeradius'
libtool: install: warning: relinking `rlm_acct_unique.la'
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/lib/freeradius'
libtool: install: warning: relinking `rlm_always.la'
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/lib/freeradius'

When building the pkg, the pdpkg-buildpackage installed the libraries in the dir
where I built the pkgs, such as:
/home/storm/received/freeradius-1.1.1/debian/freeradius/usr/lib/freeradius

And says:
If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
- add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
during execution
- add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
during linking
- use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
- have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

What should I do about these libs?? What they have something to do with the libs of
Debian system?

Thank you for your advice!!

Best regards,
leo