Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor
Date: 2006-04-06 10:41:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 06:28:33PM +0800, Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> I have written some experimental code of doing master-slave seqscan in
> PostgreSQL. During the work, I feel we had enough infrastructure to support
> parallel query execution.

Good work. One question though, temporary tables. Currently there no
way to get a consistant view of a temporary table from another process.

You probably have to avoid shipping off non-immutable function calls.

Is it possible to deadlock (don't see how, but I may not be looking
hard enough).

Hardest work would be finding what can be safely farmed off.

Nice work though, I hadn't thought of this approach.

Have a nice day,