Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl

From: lmyho <lm_yho(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Jason Minion <jason(dot)minion(at)sigler(dot)com>, Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
Cc: Chris Travers <chris(at)metatrontech(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl
Date: 2006-03-30 20:09:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

> If by "broken connection" you are referring to the "invalid startup
> packet" lines - that has been known to be caused by pretty much anything
> other than a postgresql client connecting to the pg server port, ie
> portscanner, someone telnetting, net bot, etc.

Do you actually mean the "incomplete startup packet"? That's what I got in the log
file, and I don't know why I got this in every log file. The database and even the
Debian system all are newly installed, less than a week, and I didn't make any
scanner thing anywhere yet. The only tool I know that is related to postgresql is
the pgAdmin3 , which I installed after the postgresql.

So what has gone wrong? It's dengerous. Any one can tell me how I can track this
done to find out? What I should do exactly? Any help from anyone would be highly
appreciated!

Will reinstallation help?

leo