Re: Slony-I for circular replication

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bojidar Mihajlov <bmihajlov(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Slony-I for circular replication
Date: 2006-03-30 14:22:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thursday 30 March 2006 08:34, Bojidar Mihajlov wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> Can Slony-I be used for circular replication (A
> <replicates> B <replicates> A)
> or there is some kind of problem with locking or
> anything else?

Sounds like you want some kind of synchronous federated multi-master
repication... which Slony-I wont do and I don't know of any system that will.
You might be able to get some of that functionality using views and multiple
replication sets, but that conversation really ought to take place on a more
appropriate list, like the Slony list for example.

--
Robert Treat