Re: PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!

From: lmyho <lm_yho(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!
Date: 2006-03-28 22:51:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/client-authentication.html#EXAMPLE-PG-HBA.CONF

> Some examples of pg_hba.conf entries are shown in Example 19-1. See the next
> section for details on the different authentication methods.

Thank you Richard!! I've made the changes and can login to the DBs through pgAdmin
now!:) Really appreciated your help!!! I am starting to learn about the postgresql
now.:))

>I can't remember what type of connect pgadmin uses. It might be "TYPE" host.
>If it is you will need to add another line to the conf file for that type.
Seems like the pgAdmin3 uses also the Unix socket pipe. I left only the first line
in the pg_hba.conf enabled as "local all postgres trust" and pgAdmin3 was able to
login.:)

> Also, there
> is another postgres conf (I can't remember which on off the top of my head) file
> that will need the optional "-I" set to allow you to connect from remote IP
> addresses. i.e. pgadmin. If all else fails, read the help docs; the beginning
sections are newbie friendly.

I am checking on this.;) If you got any more hints, please let me know. THANK
YOU!!!
leo