BUG #2354: No admin rights, but still refuses to run

From: "Mike Haller" <mike(dot)haller(at)innovations(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2354: No admin rights, but still refuses to run
Date: 2006-03-22 16:27:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2354
Logged by:          Mike Haller
Email address:      mike(dot)haller(at)innovations(dot)de
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.3-1
Operating system:   Windows 2000
Details:

Hi Postgres-People,

i have no admin rights. At least, I could not install PostgreSQL as System
Service because he told me i have not enough permissions to do so.

Still, postgres refuses to run because he thinks i have administrative
permissions.

You should really add an option, so users can start the server on their
local machine.

And yes, I have read the note on NOT to report the behaviour as bug. But
since the installer tells me i'm not an Admin and Postgres tells me i am an
Admin - this is a bug from users point of view.

thanks
Mike

pgsql-bugs by date