Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck`s name from copyrights, and put in standard

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck`s name from copyrights, and put in standard
Date: 2006-03-13 10:21:49
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> I think everyone realizes at this point that the PGDG is not
> an official legal entity, but do we at least have a modern
> statement from Core as to what it is unofficially? In other
> words, the PostgreSQL Global Development Group is
> composed of ________

Under international copyright law, the copyright is held by the authors
of the work, no matter what you write into a copyright notice, if any.
The only purpose of the copyright notices under discussion here is to
notify the recipient of the file that this file belongs to the
PostgreSQL source code, the authors of the code claim to have
copyright, and you should check the license before doing anything
further.

--
Peter Eisentraut