Re: Accessing PG/Linux from a Windows client

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Joao Miguel Ferreira <jmf(at)estg(dot)ipvc(dot)pt>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Accessing PG/Linux from a Windows client
Date: 2006-03-10 16:47:14
Lists: pgsql-novice
--- Joao Miguel Ferreira <jmf(at)estg(dot)ipvc(dot)pt> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've had some experience in accessing a PostgreSQL
> database, running on
> Linux, from remote clients with Perl (DBI, DBD),
> also on Linux. Only
> Perl/Linux.
>
> But know I need to know if it is possible to access
> PortgreSQL (running
> on Linux) with the Microsoft Develpment Languages
> and API's on the
> client side ????
>
> ... is it possible to access PG (on Linux) from a
> Windows machine using
> the 'traditional' Microsoft languages/API's (C#, VB,
> etc) ????
>
> ... I really don't know the MS dev tools very well
> !!!... but I need to
> help a student make some initial decisions on his
> project !!!
>

> Thank you all.
>
> Joao Ferreira

i have no experience here, but wanted to try and
answer your question.  i woul dbe surprised if you
couldn't.  i think ms dev tools support odbc - and i
think pgsql does, too.

you may find more information in the manual:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/tutorial-accessdb.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/client-interfaces.html

good luck.