Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is Sourcewear defunct?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, "Bruce Raup" <brauplists(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is Sourcewear defunct?
Date: 2006-02-28 19:01:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

All:

> Yes - we definitely don't want to be linking to a company claiming to
> support us that don't deliver the goods they take money for. It's not
> fair to the people that don't get their shirts etc, nor does it paint us
> in a good light.

SW appears to have gone out of business in the last 2 months or so. Their
800 number is not functioning, and I've e-mailed Federico a couple of
times about bulk ordering t-shirts for us to resell without response.

As a pisser, this also means that we won't get the money they pledged us
for 2005. :-( And good luck to customers on collecting a refund ... I
suggest calling your credit card company and issuing a chargeback -- you
generally have 90 days to do so.

CafePress, anyone?

--
--Josh