Re: Re : BUG #2251: NOT IN clause is not working correctly

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Dhanaraj <Dhanaraj(dot)M(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re : BUG #2251: NOT IN clause is not working correctly
Date: 2006-02-26 16:07:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 07:38:32PM +0530, Dhanaraj wrote:
> I tested this exampe. It works fine in Solaris platform (postgres 8.1.2
> released recently by sun)
> Try the same example in some other version. If this is true, the changes
> need to be done for a particular version of postgres..

Sorry, I overlooked that this message was a reply because the
original wasn't quoted. The behavior is data-dependent -- if you
add some NULLs as in the example I just sent then you should be
able to reproduce it on any platform in any version of PostgreSQL
(at least any modern version). According to past discussion it's
per the spec.

--
Michael Fuhr