Re: tsearch2: rebuilding of fulltext index

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: me(at)alternize(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tsearch2: rebuilding of fulltext index
Date: 2006-02-25 18:53:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 07:26:07PM +0100, me(at)alternize(dot)com wrote:
> is there an easy way to enforce a full rebuild of a tsearch2
> index? as the index is not really a pgsql index but rather an
> additional field in a record, REINDEX doesn't seem to do the job...

What do you mean by "doesn't seem to do the job"? What are you
wanting to happen and what actually is happening? What's the purpose
of what you're calling a "full rebuild"?

Maybe what you're after is a full-table update that will cause the
tsearch2 trigger to fire for every row and regenerate the tsvector.
Something like this:

UPDATE foo SET id = id;

This assumes that you have a tsearch2 trigger on the table. Do
you? Or have I misunderstood what you're trying to do?

--
Michael Fuhr