Re: User groups

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Russell Denney <r_denney(at)verizon(dot)net>
Subject: Re: User groups
Date: 2006-02-25 19:17:04
Lists: pgsql-general
On Thursday 23 February 2006 20:37, Russell Denney wrote:
> Any user groups in the Tampa, St. Petersburg, Florida area? Anyone
> interested in starting a group? I am new to PostgreSQL and many aspects
> of programming, but I would very much like to meet with those that have
> the same interests, regardless of programming skills.

There isn't currently a user group in the Tampa area, but if you're interested
in starting one I know there are a couple companies using postgresql in that
area so I think you could find some other attendees.  I have family in that
area, so I'd certainly make an attempt to swing down from Gainesville; you
might also send an invite out to any members of the Tampa PHP users group
(http://php.meetup.com/315/events/?eventId=4836735&action=detail), there are
a couple of folks who belong to that who are pg fans.  You could make a site
on meetup like the php folks did, or maybe make a site at the pg user group
site. http://pugs.postgresql.org/

--
Robert Treat