Re: Transaction Questions

From: Richard Kut <rkut(at)intelerad(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, Mathew Kanner <Mathew(dot)Kanner(at)intelerad(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Transaction Questions
Date: 2006-02-24 16:47:05
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi Tom!

	Thanks for the quick response. However, the ROLLBACK that you see occurred
because I ended the transaction using END; and not because I explicitly asked

On Friday 24 February 2006 11:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> Richard Kut <rkut(at)intelerad(dot)com> writes:
> > and that works as expected. However, if I get an error within the
> > transaction anywhere after the SAVEPOINT command, then the entire
> > transaction fails, and any changes made prior to the SAVEPOINT are rolled
> > back.
> Only because you deliberately told the system to roll back the entire
> transaction.  You want to use ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT instead.
> 			regards, tom lane

Richard Kut
Database Administrator
Research & Development
Intelerad Medical Systems Inc.
460 Ste-Catherine West, Suite 210
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3B 1A7
Tel:     514.931.6222 x7733
Fax:     514.931.4653

This email or any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressees. Any
use, redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this information,
except as intended, is prohibited. If you received this
email in error, please notify the sender and remove all copies of the
message, including any attachments.