Re: pgAdmin server properties dialog

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin server properties dialog
Date: 2006-02-24 09:51:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2006 18:05 schrieb Dave Page:
> > The "Service" field is unclear to me and it clashes with the
> > termin service as
> > applied by libpq.  See concurrent discussion on pgsql-hackers.
>
> Left as service, per my earlier comment. If you can come up with
> something that makes sense on Windows and *nix, please feel free to
> suggest it.

Yeah, now that I know what this field is for, I see the problem.  Some Linux
distributions even have a "service" command to start, well, services
from /etc/init.d, so it seems to be the right term.  Maybe "operating system
service" would be clearer but it's way too long.

> Connect now is the default option, and I think it's almost certainly the
> most common case so in most cases it shouldn't cause any extra clicks.

Yes, that is good.

--
Peter Eisentraut

pgadmin-hackers by date