Re: ECPG and COPY

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Wes <wespvp(at)syntegra(dot)com>
Subject: Re: ECPG and COPY
Date: 2006-02-24 08:14:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Am Freitag, 24. Februar 2006 05:26 schrieb Wes:
> I found this in the archives:
>
> <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-interfaces/2004-04/msg00005.php>
>
> With 8.x, is it still true that with ECPG, it is not possible to use COPY
> inline - I'd have to write the data to a file, then 'COPY FROM filename'
> (or use direct libpq API calls instead of ECPG)?

Yes, it's still an open report. Sorry, about that and all the other open bug
reports/feature requests. I do not have the time at the moment to even
reproduce bugs. Hopefully this will become better in the near future.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org