Re: Is psqlodbc what I'm looking for

From: george young <gry(at)ll(dot)mit(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is psqlodbc what I'm looking for
Date: 2006-02-23 17:44:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Just a thought.  Have you looked at the crosstab functions in the
contrib/tablefunc source directory?  I understand that some people use
this for creating pivot tables.  If it can do what you need, perhaps
you can completely avoid exporting into excel.

-- George Young

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:44:13 -0800
Dianne Yumul <dianne(at)wellsgaming(dot)com> threw this fish to the penguins:

> Hello to all,
>
> We have Postgresql 8.0.6 on a Linux (Fedora Core 4) server.  We need
> to create pivot tables (for auditing purposes) on the data we have
> stored on the database on this server.  For a while now I've been
> running queries, dumping results on text files and importing them to
> Excel.  But sometimes the data does not fit on one sheet.
>
> Excel has a way of querying the database but it needs an odbc driver,
> is psqlodbc this driver?  And does it compile and work on Mac OS X
> (10.4.5 and 10.3.9)?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dianne

"Are the gods not just?"  "Oh no, child.
What would become of us if they were?" (CSL)