Re: BUG #2261: ILIKE seems to be buggy on koi8 input

From: Evgeny Gridasov <eugrid(at)fpm(dot)kubsu(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2261: ILIKE seems to be buggy on koi8 input
Date: 2006-02-20 18:07:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs
postgresql server starts with environment:

LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
LANG=en_US.UTF-8

I've tried to set different LC_COLLATE/LC_ALL/LANG settings
but it did not help.

I've tried to change my psql input to unicode russian, but it did not help, too.

'show all' says I've got lc_collate  and other lc_* set to en_US.UTF-8.
initdb was run with this locale.
It cannot be modified setting it in postgresql.conf (creation db constant?)
Should I reinit database to get this working or what?
If I should reinit db, what locale should I choose?

BTW, ~* syntax does not also work with upper/lower case russian letters,
while upper()/lower() still work ok.

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:44:18 -0500

--
Evgeny Gridasov