Re: Restoring SQL Databse for use in PostgreSQL.

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Dhivya <dhivyacando(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restoring SQL Databse for use in PostgreSQL.
Date: 2006-02-20 14:12:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

Please keep replies copied to the list, so that other people can learn from
and help solve your problem.

Please don't top post.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 12:37:35 +0000,
Dhivya <dhivyacando(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in> wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> Thanks for ur reply.
>
> I used SQL Server Enterprise Manager - Selected my Database - RightClick -All Tasks - Backup Database - Gave the location - Ok.
> Only when i create some database in PostGreSQL and right click that...i get the Restore Option to be enabled. There when i choose the file(that is to be backup), i did not get the OK button to be enabled.
> In PostgreSQL, i dont know how to restore the file.

This is really a SQL Server Enterprise Manager issue. I haven't used that
program and don't know what you need to do.

If worse comes to worse, if you can find the backup file you can probably
us it with psql or pg_restore depending on what kind of back up was done.