BUG #2269: cannot connect to postgres database on Linux

From: "Ken" <kgerdes(at)opushealthcare(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2269: cannot connect to postgres database on Linux
Date: 2006-02-16 17:46:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2269
Logged by: Ken
Email address: kgerdes(at)opushealthcare(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 7.3.4
Operating system: Linux
Details:

I just downloaded pgAdminIII for Windows to use to connect to our postgres
databases on Linux. The problem I have is that when I enter the password, I
get this error:

Error has occurred
Error connecting to the server: missing "=" after """ in connection info
string.

The passwords to our databases contain the characters ; and ', which is what
is probably causing this problem. Can this be resolved or is there a temp
fix to get around this problem?