Re: Patch Submission Guidelines

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch Submission Guidelines
Date: 2006-02-14 22:17:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 09:54:12PM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 16:17 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
> > If I had enough time there are all sorts of things like this I'd love to
> > set up. A fetchable url that says "try these experimental CVS branches"
> > or something like that would be great.
>
> How much time would you need? I think having every patch built before
> anyone even looks at the code would sort out most of the issues I
> mentioned.

Indeed. I was thinking of downloading the pgbuildfarm code, setting up
an autoresponder for -patches and have it autocompile patches on
submission. I've never looked at the code so I have no idea how hard it
is to set it up, but it doesn't seem that difficult.

> I'm thinking in that direction for performance testing.

Is there any standard stuff (besides maybe pgbench) that could be run?

Have a nice day,