Need license clarification on some web graphics

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: emily(at)emilyboyd(dot)com, omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org
Subject: Need license clarification on some web graphics
Date: 2006-02-11 15:50:29
Lists: pgsql-www
I've recieved a submission of some postgresql related web graphics that I was
planning to add to the graphics repository.  While I was uploading them the
thought hit me that we might have a problem with some of these. First two
examples of ones that are ok:

http://xzilla.postgresql.org/layout/images/2_160x600.gif
http://xzilla.postgresql.org/layout/images/14_160x600.gif

both very nice and wonderful, but I am wondering about this one:

http://xzilla.postgresql.org/layout/images/15_160x600.gif

It uses the "photo elephant" which I not sure what the license status is. The
relevant link in the archives seems to be
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-12/msg00290.php
but it is less than definitive since we would not be using these images on the
postgresql website per say, they would be out in the wild (though under a cc
license).  I have about a dozen more of these using the "photo elephant" so
before I put them up, can I get an ok from someone?

--
Robert Treat

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Sergey E. KoposovDate: 2006-02-12 23:57:51