Re: LATIN1/9 conversion....

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Tim Clarke <Tim(dot)Clarke(at)manifest(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LATIN1/9 conversion....
Date: 2006-02-10 11:32:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> > This is the answer :-)
> > Hmmm. The driver doesn't care this one setting. It override it
> > automatically :-( Are you able to compile the driver yourself?
> > If so I can post you the hint how to disable automatic encoding
> > detection.
>
> I'm sure the driver is doing the setting for the right reason, its

I'm not sure ;-) I even think it makes this the bad way.

> > > We have found that the euro symbol and other accented
> > characters are not
> > > correctly stored if we do that. This database is currently
> > coming across
>
> No, we tried a unicode database with the unicode ODBC psqldriver.
> MSAccess couldn't write the correct characters to the database.

Could you try LATIN1 database with Unicode psqlODBC driver?
Does it still break the euro symbol?

> I have had this problem with evry driver from 08.01.01xx to the current
> 08.01.02

Ok. I'll try send you changed psqlODBC 08.01.0200 without autodetecting
client_encoding.

> Regards and thanks for your continuing attention.

Not at all. I was in doubt if autodetecting the encoding after user
connection settings is the right way some time ago.

Regards,

Luf