BUG #2248: Fix for terminal server

From: "Fix for terminal server" <anthony(dot)communier(at)laposte(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2248: Fix for terminal server
Date: 2006-02-08 21:50:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2248
Logged by: Fix for terminal server
Email address: anthony(dot)communier(at)laposte(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.2
Operating system: Win 32
Details:

I am sorry, these is not a bug report but i don't know where to post the
following message :

In order to fix problem with shared memory on the Win32 Terminal Server all
kernel object must be prefixed with Global\

Kernel Object are used by the following functions :

CreateEvent
CreateSemaphore
OpenSemaphore
CreateFileMapping
OpenFileMapping

I am not sure for Named Pipe

Those functions are used in the source directory src\backend\port\win32

I can't test these fix because I have no terminal server at home, but it
works fine with win32 services i have developped at work. So the following
lines can help you to solve the problem quickly :

Fix for version 8.1.2 :

sema.c:l 142
sprintf(semname, "Global\\PG_SEMSET.%d.", semKey);

shmem.c:l 92
sprintf(szShareMem, "Global\\PostgreSQL.%d", memKey);

I think that's all.

These problem should be encountered with fast user switch on Win XP but i am
not sure. Fast user switch is implemented like Terminal Server as far as i
know.

Docs can be found there :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/termserv/te
rmserv/kernel_object_namespaces.asp