Re: Krb5 & multiple DB connections

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Krb5 & multiple DB connections
Date: 2006-02-05 20:20:12
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
Greetings,

* Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
>   I've now tested this patch at home w/ 8.2HEAD and it seems to fix the
>   bug.  I plan on testing it under 8.1.2 at work tommorow with
>   mod_auth_krb5, etc, and expect it'll work there.  Assuming all goes
>   well and unless someone objects I'll forward the patch to -patches.
>   It'd be great to have this fixed as it'll allow us to use Kerberos to
>   authenticate to phppgadmin and other web-based tools which use
>   Postgres.

  While playing with this patch under 8.1.2 at home I discovered a
  mistake in how I manually applied one of the hunks to fe-auth.c.
  Basically, the base code had changed and so the patch needed to be
  modified slightly.  This is because the code no longer either has a
  freeable pointer under 'name' or has 'name' as NULL.

  The attached patch correctly frees the string from pg_krb5_authname
  (where it had been strdup'd) if and only if pg_krb5_authname returned
  a string (as opposed to falling through and having name be set using
  name = pw->name;).  Also added a comment to this effect.
  Please review.

  	Thanks,

		Stephen