Re: Want to add to contrib.... xmldbx

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Want to add to contrib.... xmldbx
Date: 2006-01-31 02:08:34
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Monday 30 January 2006 16:21, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> I hate to repeat this sad story, but we're stalling due to the need for
>>> server upgrades on the foundry to make it more robust. Eventually it
>>> will get more play I imagine.
>>
>> 'k, I really hate to disappoint ppl, but there hasn't been a problem with
>> pgfoundry in a fairly long time now ... we are working on migrating it to
>> its own server, with most of the 'migration document' done, but we are
>> bringing on new projects, with the EnterpriseDB folks just bringing online
>> a few OSS tools, on a weekly basis ...
>>

> I understand why your defensive, but in this case it's misguided. The
> new pgfoundry server isn't ready to go yet which is why it hasn't been
> moved to yet and why gborg hasn't been transferred over yet.  People are
> busy and there are other issues, but the point still stands that we've
> yet to hear anything from the foundry admin team that sounded like a
> proclamation to tear the doors off of the thing.

I'm one of the 'foundry admin team', and I can definitely state that we
have been accepting projects as ppl are proposing them ... as to
gborg->pgfoundry, the only thing that has been holding that up is that the
two systems are not compatible at the DB end of things, so moving ppl over
isn't the easiest thing to do ... but, for those that have approached us
asking to be migrated, we've worked at migrating those over manually ...

----