[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000528 ] Link with Microsoft Access always broke

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000528 ] Link with Microsoft Access always broke
Date: 2006-01-30 07:35:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Bugs item #1000528, was opened at 2006-01-17 20:26
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000528&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I discovered an error with the psqlodbc's connection with Microsoft Access 2000.

When I do any action that provoke an foreign key error, the odbc connection fails.

I will describe the error's details below:

1) I created a database with 2 tables, PATIENT and EXAMINATION
2) I created the primary keys of the two tables.
3) I created the relationships between the two tables.

PRIMARY KEY OF PATIENT - P_COD VARCHAR(10)
PRIMARY KEY OF EXAMINATION - E_COD VARCHAR(10)

PATIENT EXAMINATION
------- -----------
P_COD E_COD
P_COD

RELATIONSHIP PATIENT - EXAMINATION
ON UPDATE CASCADE
ON DELETE NO ACTION

4) I opened the Microsoft Access 2000 and I linked the two tables

5) I opened the PATIENT table in Microsoft Access

6) I tried to delete some rows

7) It appears a foreign key's error. But, after, the database breaks out. So I closed the table and I reopened it. I tried to delete any row and appears the foreign key's error and after appeared #Name in all columns. I closed the table and when I tried to reopen the table, the following error appears:

ODBC -- call failed
Error while executing the query;
ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block (#7)

I need to close the Microsoft Access and reopen it for open the tables.

Thanks for the opportunity. :)