BUG #2222: Can not reinstall due to account errors

From: "Jim B" <jimshell(at)talk21(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2222: Can not reinstall due to account errors
Date: 2006-01-30 00:42:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2222
Logged by:          Jim B
Email address:      jimshell(at)talk21(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
Operating system:   XP pro
Details:

Having uninstalled postgres 8.0.3, I needed to reinstall on the same PC
running locally.

Note that the original postgres user account has been deleted.

During the install, when I try to intall a new account name (postgres) and
install as a service I get the following error...

It informs me that
"Sucessfully granted the 'log on as service' right"

Then gives the following Account Error:
"Invalid username specified:  Logon failure: user not allowed to log on to
this computer."

I've tried different account names to 'postgres' with the same results.  The
account im using for the install is a administrator account.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Brian HirtDate: 2006-01-30 00:52:27