Re: Disallow premature is broken

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Disallow premature is broken
Date: 2006-01-27 15:24:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 10:02:11AM -0500, Tom Lane napsal(a):
> Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz> writes:
> >> In the short term though, I say just stop it crashing and let's get a
> >> release out seeing as Tom is getting antsy about FC5 :-)
>
> > What's the next deadline Tom? I ask to know how much I'm under pressure.
> > If we are too late I could sleep for a shorter time today.
>
> No, no, working on too little sleep is a good way to mess up...

I make exception. I want give users one development snapshot before
official release. I give less time for psqlodbc in next week ;-)

> the next deadline is test3 devel freeze on 6 February, which is

Thanks for information.

> BTW, I do have an x86_64 FC4 machine here, and will try to look at that
> buffer overflow report today.

Good news. I have problem on x86_64 CentOS with disconnecting. I'm
curios if it's only my local problem. I have no time to trace it
more now. I don't know very well gdb and next development tools for
C on unix.

The disconnecting problem is with perl code:

use DBI;

my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:<DSN>','username','password');
print "connect\n";
$dbh->disconnect;
print "This message doesn't show\n";
# This perl script fails with SIGSEGV.