Re: network saturation

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Antoine <melser(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: network saturation
Date: 2006-01-27 14:17:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> I looked and it didn't seem particularly related, seeing as they are XP
> boxen.
> CPU usage for the postgres machine is also very high, getting regularly up
> to 50% for a single connection. I will try a vacuum full but I am pretty
> sure that won't make much difference. Maybe it is related to network
> traffic?
> I will have a look with ethereal and see what I can gather.

Agrh I'm stupid. You feel too high HW load. Do you know what exactly
the app makes? Feel free to create mylog output or you can log on
the server side to have better idea what's going on.
Than you can try simulate the situation via psql client. So you
can decide where is the problem.

If you don't understand the mylog output you could send it to me
privately.

It could be interesting to see what settings do you use for psqlodbc.
BTW 08.01.0102 isn't very good. Please try 08.01.0107 development
snapshot from pgfoundry.org. There is fixed a lot of bugs
(Parse Statement, get values, stability, ...).
Then you can try different options like use declare/fetch, Parse Statement,
... Different tasks need different options turned on.

We're planning to release new psqlodbc official release next week.
The new official release will be based on the 08.01.0107.

Regards,

Luf