Disallow premature is broken

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Disallow premature is broken
Date: 2006-01-25 22:50:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

Dmitry pointed me that Disallow premature is next broken feature.
I found next difference between old driver and new one.

When there are more statements in one (using semicolon ';') that
07.03 driver returns more results QResultClass. The 08.01 one
returns only one QResultClass. The example of such mutlistatement is:
"BEGIN; SELECT * FROM table; COMMIT". The old driver returns 3
QResultClass but 08.01 driver returns only last result (from COMMIT)
QResultClass.
This behaviour breaks Disallow premature so it fails with access
violation. I can fix it becouse now we are using PQgetResult. But I'm
not sure if it doesn't break something another.

I could fix a little the Disallow premature so it doesn't fail
with access violation but it doesn't work at all.

What do you think? How do we want change the behaviout before
releasing new stable release? I'm not sure. There is no much time
for testing new behaviour. The multistatements hasn't been reported
yet by users. It seems this feature isn't widely used.

Regards,

Luf