Re: DB responce during DB dump

From: Evgeny Gridasov <eugrid(at)fpm(dot)kubsu(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DB responce during DB dump
Date: 2006-01-25 16:47:27
Lists: pgsql-performance
Ok, It's VERY simple =) here:
http://deepcore.i-free.ru/simple_shaper.pl

I could dump it to a spare machine, but I don't have one.
Current DB server is 2xXEON / 4GbRAM / RAID10 (4 SCSI HDD). Performance is excellent, except during backups.

I wanted to set up some kind of replication but it's useless - I don't have a spare machine now, may be in future...

--
Evgeny Gridasov
Software Engineer