Re: error messages?

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Milton <milton(dot)siqueira(at)mapcardoso(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error messages?
Date: 2006-01-25 11:41:46
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> However, i expected that the error number is in the property
> "rdoError(0).number", not in description, because i guess it´s a default in
> the others DB. In the Oracle, Informix and Sqlserver drive, work like this.
>
> Finally, I think the best would be been in the place of the 7 it went the
> error number of DB.
>
> You are more experience than i . What do you think about that?

I'm not much more experienced than you. psqlODBC return 7 for long
time so I don't want change it in 08.01 life cycle. It could break
many application which could depend on 7.

I think you may be able to ask for SQLSTATE separately from description.
BTW SQLSTATE is database backend independant so it could be better
to support SQLSTATE instead of native error number which differ between
databases.

Regards,

Luf