BUG #2207: PG Database Server 8.1 Service doesnt start

From: "Pramod Kudva" <pramod(dot)kudva(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2207: PG Database Server 8.1 Service doesnt start
Date: 2006-01-25 06:16:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2207
Logged by: Pramod Kudva
Email address: pramod(dot)kudva(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1
Operating system: Windows XP Professional
Details:

This seems to be a problem since 8.0 and before .. I see a lot of forum
activity but never a solution.

I installed PG 8.1 with a non-admin user postgres on my windows xp pro
laptop.

The service doesnt start - and stops saying 'Some services stop
automatically when they have nothing to do'. I do have the McAfee Internet
Suite 8.0 on my machine but then this error continues even when the mcafee
is disabled.

Any help is very much appreciated.

thanks,

pramod