Re: Slow query through ODBC

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: thewild(at)free(dot)fr
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow query through ODBC
Date: 2006-01-23 13:34:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> I tried both parameters (they look OK because ADO did not throw an
> error), but they did not help.

I think it. But we could test it at first :-)

> Maybe I should add that the query is stored in an ADO recordset,
> which is read-only and forward-only ?

This is the best situation for psqlODBC driver.

> It is the .open method of this recordset that actually takes 30
> seconds to run.

.open ADO contains a lot of SQL* commands for ODBC.
I need the mylog or (the better for me) example data to reproduce it
here.

> >If I can't find the problem in mylog output could you create example
> >data?
>
> I sure could !

Great.

> I'll try some other parameters before (I will use the File-DSN
> panel to generate connectionstrings, I should have thought about
> it before !), and I'll tell you whether I found something or not.

Ok. I'm looking for note from you.
If you'll not find the way please send me the parsed log or
example data with SELECT.

Regards,

Luf