Re: Getting Startted With postgresql thru Libpq

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Kyntiewborlang Marwein <rk2m2002(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting Startted With postgresql thru Libpq
Date: 2006-01-23 05:30:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 08:24:18PM +0000, Kyntiewborlang Marwein wrote:
> I installed postgresql from a package that comes with
> mandrake 10 and want to use libpq as interface.Does it
> include libpq or i have to get it separately?

There should be a way to list a package's contents; do so and look
for files with libpq in their name (libpq.a, libpq.so, etc.) or use
a command like "find" or "locate" to search your filesytem.  Also
look for the libpq-fe.h header file.

> Also pls tell me all that is to be done to connect to
> posgresql using libpq.I'm a new user to posgresql..so
> if possible pls give me in details.thank you..

See the libpq documentation for your version of PostgreSQL.  Here's
a link for 8.1:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/libpq.html

If you're new to PostgreSQL then you'll benefit from reading
other parts of the documentation such as "Tutorial" and "Server
Administration."

--
Michael Fuhr